navigationmenu

Wednesday, 22 April 2015

Buying a Domain

I wanted to a buy a domain for my website as although my website does work live without one, the domain that is with my squarespace subscription is very long in which gives it a slight amateur feel, especially when I put it on my previous business card template ideas from last year. (inserted below)


There were two domain websites I looked at, Godaddy and Hover. Godaddy offered jessicabarba.com in which I thought was most recognisable and accessible to people.

Although hover did give good prices jessicabarba.com was not available and the payment was also in dollars which may make my online payment extra at a currency converter rate.



For my domain I paid for two years along with a private domain registration. This cost in total £31.58 which is a large portion of my budget, however I do think it that was a necessary upgrade in order to promote myself at a professional standard. 




No comments :

Post a Comment