navigationmenu

Wednesday, 22 April 2015

Logo design

My logo is definitely an element in which I am not a hundred happy with for my overall branding. As stated before I think logo is too 'swirly' and gives a slight informal look to my website. I also think it would be better to brand myself with my first and last name due to the fact that this is more rare which will hopefully make my name more memorable as a professional make-up artist.


With my last logo I used a graphic designer via Etsy in which is an online market place for creative sellers. I found this a good, reliable source to use and wanted to find a logo through this medium due to the array of designers to choose from but to also fit my budget created for this unit. My budget for this unit is £70 and because I need to also invest in a website domain and business cards I think a suited price to invest in a new logo would be £15-£25. wanted to get a professional to create a logo as I didn't want it to look amateur like.


Below are logos in which I came across in my price range in which I have evaluated whether they would transfer well to my current style of website. 

Logo via: https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/190305387/business-logo-design-premade-custom?ref=sr_gallery_16&ga_search_query=logo&ga_page=3&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery

Pros:
. Clean font, easy to read
. Shapes add 'pop' of colour to the logo but not too over the top

Cons:
. Triangle shapes don't relate make-up wise

Logo via: https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/211624601/premade-logo-and-watermark-sub-mark-logo?ref=shop_home_active_8
Pros:
. Artistic calligraphy, gives a more creative look
. Descriptive heading is clear and easy to read

Cons:
. Wouldn't be able to use it as small watermark on images as it would be come too difficult to read
. Name all lowercase gives a more informal look
. Doesn't have much dimension due to it being one colour, less memorable

Logo via: https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/195190116/premade-logo-and-watermark-sub-mark-logo?ref=related-6

Pros:
. Eye catching composition
. Initials could make watermark for images
. Shapes don't conflict with any lettering making it clear to read

Cons:
. Subheading very small font
. Quite bulky looking for my template for my website

Logo via: https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/197514793/premade-logo-design-custom-logo-design?ref=sr_gallery_14&ga_search_query=makeup+logo&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery

Pros:
. Clear and easy to read
. Formal looking
. Would fit well with my template that I chose for my website

Cons:
. Doesn't have that artistic flare

Logo via: https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/218818821/premade-logo-photography-logo-wedding?ref=favs_view_3

Pros:
. Clean, easy to read
. Gold gives the logo an eye catching twist
. Border of logo is contemporary

Cons:
. All lowercase, informal/un-professional
. Shine on the gold lettering makes some letters more difficult to read

Logo via: https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/184334742/instant-download-logo-charlotte-modern?ref=favs_view_8

Pros:
. Artistic font, yet easy to read
. Classic, bold colours gives a formal look

Cons:
. Looks a little Art Deco, maybe would be better stage make-up website with the broadway feel
. Subheading is quite thin could be quite difficult to read if made smaller
Logo via: https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/164589979/premade-gold-sparkly-classy-photography?ref=related-5

Pros:
. Smart, sophisticated font which is easy to read.
. Composition of logo would fit well with the template I have for my website
. Glitter gives a creative touch to the design also a slight link with make-up (eyeshadows etc.)

Cons:
. Colours are slighty 'girly' makes it a little informal

Logo via: https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/185738587/custom-logo-design-premade-logo-and?ref=shop_home_active_12
https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/185738587/custom-logo-design-premade-logo-and?ref=shop_home_active_12
Pros:
. Clean easy to read font.
. Initials are used as the 'artwork' for logo makes a tie with name
. Gold adds a pop of colour but not too over the top
. Initials design could be used just as logo by itself for watermarks on images etc

After looking to see which logo would be most suited for my branding as a professional I found this logo to be my favourite due to the points above. It is also within my budget and the seller has said she would create a variety of designs similar to this in which I can choose from to suit my website best. The logo will be sent in a number of different types of files which means I can use it for my business card and website in a high quality.












No comments :

Post a Comment